I have a broad background in finance, accounting, management, land planning and development, real estate, and manufacturing with over forty years of business experience developing and implementing strategies to meet specific goals. Some of my accomplishments and interests follow.
- Bachelor of Science degree in finance and accounting with extended studies in business law
- Honorable discharge United States Coast Guard Reserve
- Worked with city and county officials on engineering, zoning, site planning and development
- Purchased and planned the restructure of a 35,000 square foot manufacturing plant
- Planned and developed a 25,000 square foot addition to an assembly facility
- Designed and planned the construction of a 4,000 square foot English Tudor home
- Successfully negotiated government and nongovernment contracts
- Project manager for the construction of a $15 million, 65,000 square foot assisted care facility in Rockford, Illinois which created 100 construction jobs and 35 full time jobs
- Negotiated revenue bond financing and unsecured lines of credit
- Cost accountant for a major U.S. manufacturing company
- Secretary and treasurer of a multi-million dollar automotive and aerospace company for eighteen of twenty-four years served
- Mortgage Broker in the state of Illinois (retired)
- Real Estate Broker in the state of Illinois (current)
- Treasurer and secretary of a large scrap recycling company in northern Illinois for three years
- Auditor for a major Chicago bank
- Counseled with Ronald Reagan regarding Interest Rates
- Counseled with Henry Kissinger on Foreign Affairs
- Counseled with Milt Stewart, former head of the Small Business Administration
- Worked through Warren Buffet’s office to solve a worldwide bankruptcy involving the London Metals Market
- Successfully negotiated Defense contracts with General Electric, Rolls Royce, Bell Helicopter, Aerospatiale, Boeing, and many other defense manufacturers
Community involvement: past member of Illinois Manufacturing Association and past financial division director; Civic League of Winnebago, past president; retired member of Illinois Association of Accountants; past member of Financial Executive Institute; past member of Rockford Board of Realtors; member of American Legion, member of Knights of Columbus 4th Degree; past member of Rotary International, Rockford, Illinois Chapter; member of Cotillion Club of Rockford; member of Holy Family Church; member of Chicago Symphony Center; member of Antique and Classic Boat Society; member of Antique Century Boat Club of America, and registered Republican.
Hobbies and interests include socializing with friends and family, boating, cotillion and ballroom dancing, spending time with grandchildren including attending sporting events and field trips. Member of the National Rifle Association. Enjoy nature activities, snow and water skiing, reading and spending time with my dog, Jaza.
Widower after 47-year marriage with two children and four grandchildren.